Meeting minutes about window system discussion

Hello all,

For the F2F meeting at Santa Clara, Toyota, Panasonic, DENSO and ADIT did discussion about AGL window system.

We agreed to go for “short term goal” and “long term goal”.

Let me share the meeting minutes.

Especially we would like to talk about long term goal at F2F meeting for both goals.

We are very happy to have your opinions since we don’t think these are the all points to be achieved in AGL window system.

---

■Short term goal

-Window manager can control surfaces created by 1 process. (e.g. In Navi application usecase, this creates Navi surface, Map1 surface and Map2 surface)

  -> It is possible if the surface’s role and surface id is bound correctly.

Solution

-ID-agent can tell the surface IDs to Window manager in correct order. So it has already been possible to realize.

■Long term goal

-Definition of general Window manager API

 To enlarge the usability of Window manager, the general API should be necessary.

-More strengthened security on window system

 To have better security features, creating role and Surface ID through AGL App FW is necessary.

Solution

Detailed solution has not yet been discussed.

We would like to discuss at F2F meeting.

---

Best regards,

水野 航 / Wataru Mizuno

Advanced Driver Information Technology