Queries On Renesas Starter Kit

Hi all,

        I have recently joined AGL and gone through some of its documentation. I would like to know some information about the Renesas M3 starter Kit which is being used as a Reference BSP by AGL.

 1.       Other than the h/w feature and performance superiority of Renesas H3 over Renesas M3 starter Kit, are there any specific advantages of using the H3 over M3 from AGL’s perspective considering ease of support for h/w, ease of supporting future high end applications etc.

2.       I presume that both of these kits shall be supported by AGL for their future releases.

3.       Other than supporting in-vehicular network (CAN, MOST etc.) + WiFi + FM radio support + camera features which is possible through using the Kingfisher extension board, I presume both the M3 and H3 starter kits should suffice for a simple, standalone Infotainment application with reasonably good audio o/p (HP) and audio i/p (microphone). Is this understanding correct?

4.       Do the latest AGL releases, EE onwards support Wi-Fi using WiFi-USB dongles on M3 and H3 starter kit boards?

5.       The AGL WiKi documentation “agl-distro” mentions about a “Note 1 : …… A full M3 ULCB binary is unavailable due to Renesas License restrictions on the graphics driver……”. Other than the need to register to Renesas web-site to download these drivers, are there any License restrictions for its use in development on M3, H3 starter kit platforms? Can you please elaborate on the same?

Regards,

P. M. Kulkarni