Re: autofs: add autofs_parse_fd()

On 20/10/23 14:36, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2023, at 17:27, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
The qemu-x86_64 and x86_64 booting with 64bit kernel and 32bit rootfs we call
it as compat mode boot testing. Recently it started to failed to get login
prompt.

We have not seen any kernel crash logs.

Anders, bisection is pointing to first bad commit,
546694b8f658 autofs: add autofs_parse_fd()

Reported-by: Linux Kernel Functional Testing <lkft@xxxxxxxxxx>
Reported-by: Anders Roxell <anders.roxell@xxxxxxxxxx>
I tried to find something in that commit that would be different
in compat mode, but don't see anything at all -- this appears
to be just a simple refactoring of the code, unlike the commits
that immediately follow it and that do change the mount
interface.

Unfortunately this makes it impossible to just revert the commit
on top of linux-next. Can you double-check your bisection by
testing 546694b8f658 and the commit before it again?

What are the exact mount options you pass to autofs in your fstab?

I've only just seen this report, sorry about that.

I'll have a go at trying to reproduce it but debugging in an environment

like this will be something of a challenge I think.

Ian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]