Re: Problem with autofs and ldap

On 10/17/2014 10:51 AM, Ian Kent wrote:
On 15/10/14 20:31, rsmits-l wrote:
Hello,

I have a very weird issue that maybe someone sounds familiar. I have
placed our automount entry's in our Active Directory / LDAP. Problem is
that is it not stable. After a restart of autofs I sometimes only see
half of our map entry's. Sometimes 75 %.

That's odd if the map is actually being read, yes.
At one time autofs didn't do paged ldap reads so AD would only send one
page which meant not all the entries would be read for larger maps.

Yes, the paged ldap story crossed my screen when I was googling for this problem.

When I do a autofs reload maybe 90 % of the time I see all entry's. I am
having this issue on Redhat 6 and Suse 11. Strange thing is that the
autofs logging (debug) shows always all the entry's but are not
reflected in the filesystem structure.

I can't remember now what gets logged for the ldap map reads so how have
you established the read gets all the entries (and what rel6 version of
autofs are you using)?

The read gets all the entry's but just doesn't show it in the directory structure. I am having this issue on Redhat 6.5 (autofs 5.0.5-89)

On Suse Enterprise Desktop 11.3 : (autofs-5.0.6-3.10.16.1)

This is my config :

/etc/sysconfig/autofs
----
LDAP_URI="ldap://srvxxx.domain.net/";
SEARCH_BASE="ou=LinuxAutoMount,ou=Resources,dc=domain,dc=net"
LDAP_TIMEOUT="100"
LDAP_NETWORK_TIMEOUT="100"
MAP_HASH_TABLE_SIZE=2048

OK, so BROWSE_MODE isn't set so it = yes by default and you expect the
mount point directories within what are probably indirect mounts to be
created or removed, as the case may be, correct?

But they aren't all being created (or removed)?

That's right.

/etc/nsswitch.conf
----
automount: files ldap

This might make a difference, depending on what file maps exist, but we
would need a debug log and map examples to reproduce the problem.

What about logging a bug against rhel-6 and working on it there.

Ian

That's what I was thinking. This really looks like a bug. I will post my finding to you and the list when this is solved.

Greetings, Richard Smits.