Re: Fedora 17 (autofs-5.0.6): enabling IPv6 breaks automount

On 12/30/2012 06:59 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
On 12/19/2012 06:31 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
On 12/19/2012 05:52 PM, Ian Kent wrote:

I'll check what I have in f17 but in the meantime, if you want to, you
could try rebuilding the rpm from f18 or Rawhide, they're the same at
this point.

I see the getifaddrs(3) isn't in f17 but the simple mount probing is so
that could be the problem. Building he later package and checking if
that works should verify if that is the problem. Though I would still
need to check if there are other recent changes that make a difference.

I rebuilt autofs-5.0.7-9 from the fc18 repo for fc17; the problem
remains and is identical.

OK, I think I figured out the problem -- and it *is* a problem, just not
the one I expected.

The fileserver had a bad AAAA record; the A record was correct.  autofs,
unlike mount, didn't fall back to IPv4 (this is part of why I really
wanted this logic to be outside of autofs back in the autofs3 days, but
that's ancient history.)  So automounting by IPv4 address worked.  That
automounting by IPv6 address didn't work is more confusing, I think --
and it doesn't, with or without brackets.

Hm, no, even with the correct AAAA record it doesn't work via IPv6.

	-hpa