Re: Picking up development of dmraid

Hi Mark,

This is great news that you are interested in furthering the development of dmraid.

Ideally, the current maintainer of dmraid would consider migrating the maintenance duties to you. As far as I know, Heinz Mauelshagen is the current maintainer.

     Heinz,

     If you are following this list it would be good to hear from you.

Phillip Susi has created some dmraid patches that have been awaiting review for a long while. As such it would be great to have a more active maintainer for dmraid.

If no response is received from Heinz, then a fork might be the next best way to proceed. For the util-linux package, the fork was named util-linux-ng where I think "ng" stood for "next generation". Eventually the util-linux-ng project took over from the unmaintained util-linux project to become util-linux once again.

I believe that Karel Zak is the maintainer for util-linux (ng) so he might have some good advice regarding forking a project.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak
(Maintainer of GParted)