RE: Howto: implement AMD SB9xx RAID5 support in dmraid

Hello Phillip (and other people in this list),

Here are some outputs of dmraid that may help you understand the situation.

$ dmraid -ay -vvv -d
WARN: locking /var/lock/dmraid/.lock
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: asr     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: ddf1    discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: hpt37x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: hpt45x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: isw     discovering
DEBUG: not isw at 500107860992
DEBUG: isw trying hard coded -2115 offset.
DEBUG: not isw at 500106779136
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: jmicron discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: lsi     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: nvidia  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: pdc     discovering
ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdd
ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdd
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: sil     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdd: via     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: asr     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: ddf1    discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: hpt37x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: hpt45x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: isw     discovering
DEBUG: not isw at 500107860992
DEBUG: isw trying hard coded -2115 offset.
DEBUG: not isw at 500106779136
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: jmicron discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: lsi     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: nvidia  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: pdc     discovering
ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdc
ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdc
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: sil     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdc: via     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: asr     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: ddf1    discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: hpt37x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: hpt45x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: isw     discovering
DEBUG: not isw at 500107860992
DEBUG: isw trying hard coded -2115 offset.
DEBUG: not isw at 500106779136
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: jmicron discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: lsi     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: nvidia  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: pdc     discovering
ERROR: pdc: zero sectors on /dev/sdb
ERROR: pdc: setting up RAID device /dev/sdb
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: sil     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sdb: via     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: asr     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: ddf1    discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: hpt37x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: hpt45x  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: isw     discovering
DEBUG: not isw at 64023256064
DEBUG: isw trying hard coded -2115 offset.
DEBUG: not isw at 64022174208
NOTICE: /dev/sda: jmicron discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: lsi     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: nvidia  discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: pdc     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: sil     discovering
NOTICE: /dev/sda: via     discovering
no raid disks
WARN: unlocking /var/lock/dmraid/.lock

I have also attached the output of "dmraid -rD"

Hopefully you can point me to the correct offset for the metadata.

Kind regards,

Mark-Willem