Yet another Pdc offset, ASUS M3A, (ati SB600)

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Edgardo Calabrese" <eddo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ataraid-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Yet another Pdc offset, ASUS M3A, (ati SB600)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:40:44 +0100

I found that although the promise controllers are supported by dmraid was impossible to manage ataraid disks under fedora 10 with dmraid on a ASUS M3A equipped with the SB600 south bridge

So I looked on the source code and in the disks structure and I find a new offset was used.

So added the new 591 value the the  PDC_CONFIGOFFSETS and then I rebuilt dmraid.

The change worked perfectly and now I'm running fedora 10 (x64) on a raid 0 partition.

After a bit of googling I found that the 991 value is also used in some other pdc controllers.

Would be nice if the change(s) will be incorporated on the released version of dmraid.

Thanks in advance

Edgardo.