Re: Invalid RAID config table checksum (Adaptec 1210SA)

Tom wrote:
I could also update to Ubuntu 8.10, which is planned, but I've noticed that the version included in this release is still only at 1.0.0-rc14. What has happened to rc15 in Intrepid? Is there a package update planned by the maintainer?

It didn't make it into the Intrepid release cycle in time.

I'm more interested in finding a solution to the problem, and learning more about the checksums. Is there some way I can begin investigating this issue myself? Unfortunately, I fear my aspirations shall run away with me, but any insight/starting information to fixing the problem would be welcome.

Take a look at lib/format/ataraid/asr.h for the layout of the metadata. Hexedit it by hand and see if the rest of it appears to make sense. If it is just the checksum that is wrong, then correct it.

By the way, I assume that your bios refuses to recognize the array either?