dmraid

Hi there!

We're a small linux-only computer selling company. We're starting to consider using dmraid for those motherboards that come with the intel ich9 "fake-raid" device. We've been some motherboards with good results. However, dmraid does not seem to support rebuilding a degraded raid, so I guess that in order to take full advantage of it we will have to use motherboards that come with a rebuild function in its ROM utility until dmraid can take care of that. can anybody please recommend some? (ASUS and Intel would be my preferred choice since they're the ones we currently bundle in our computers)

I've just read in the archives Heinz Mauelshagen saying that he's planning to have it ready after the RHEL5.2 release. I know this must be a very repetitive request (and I apologize for this), but is that ETA confirmed? Again, I'm sorry to put this question on the table again, but our future line of products depend very much on this issue right now.

Thanks so much in advance

Ignacio