[RE]How to install onto pre-existing RAID-0 array

Hello,
If you have the live cd there should be an icon on the desktop that says install to hard drive. Run that (after activating dmraid of course).
-James

Subject : How to install onto pre-existing RAID-0 array

Date : Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:13:38 -0400

From : "Anthony Krishock" <krishock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To : <ataraid-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello All,

I am interested in dual-booting Fedora and Vista on a RAID-0 array. My

system is an Abit NF7-S. I have a pair of Seagate 80Gb SATA drives

configured through a separate RAID BIOS as a single 160 Gb RAID-0 array. I

have installed Windows Vista Ultimate on the array, and I'd like to install

Fedora 8 on a second partition of the array.

I booted off of a Fedora 8 live CD and I was pleased to see that I could

activate my array using dmraid, and I was able to mount it as /mnt/raid0

from it's mount point (/dev/mapper/Sil_ ). That's great.

Now, for the hard part.. how do I actually install Fedora on the array? In

the past, I've had Fedora core 4 installed on the array with a

vendor-provided driver disk, but I have no such disk now. Is it simply a

matter of breaking out of the install screen to a prompt and activating my

array? Can dmraid recognize the presence of the array and install to it

automatically?

Thanks for all your thoughts & advice.

Tony

Checked by AVG.