Remove HW RAID /dev/dm-0 device

Yesterday I set up a Promise hw raid controller in my FC8_64 system. I ended up returning it but before I removed it I initialized 2 drives into a RAID0 setup. Now that the controller is gone my system is complaining about /dev/mapper. I ended up clearing this by booting into rescue and initializing the 2 drives I had setup with the controller. The system is happy again but when I do an fdisk -l I still show a /dev/dm-0 device. My question is how can I initialize the drives without booting to rescue mode ? And how can I get rid of the /dev/dm-0 device ?

dmraid still shows the 2 devices. I've initialized and formatted both but it won't go away.
# dmraid -r
ERROR: asr: Invalid magic number in RAID table; saw 0x0, expected 0x900765C4 on /dev/sda
/dev/sdb: pdc, "pdc_bicfbbcgbh", stripe, ok, 312450720 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sdd: pdc, "pdc_bicfbbcgbh", stripe, ok, 312450720 sectors, data@ 0