Re: Ali/Uli 528(8|9) BIOSRAID?

I was going to a simple dmraid -n deva devb
One costly approach would be to try retrieving the last Megabyte off of
the end of each device in your RAID set plus the size in sectors of each
involved device.  BIOS properties for the device woud help to.
I remember something from my school about ioctl() that can help me.
Have you a aimed tool?
Device is a Raptor 74GB, I'm going to search how many bios-es there are for it.

But this would be just a metadata sample involving painfull reengineering
rather than basing a format handler on vendor specs which is the preferred
way to go. That's what my quote below was aiming at.

Heinz

ALI is just an nVidia branch now. Maybe it's possible to have specs if NVraid's one were released.
Thank you.
Cosimo