Question about device-mapper/raid

I thought I would try posting my question here since I've gotten no
response from the dm-devel mailing list :)

Hello everyone,

Not being too familiar with the device-mapper core code I have a
question. When I load a fresh system using FC7 on a raid1 volume (for
example) I never see a prompt during the installation asking if I would
like to have a UUID assigned. After the install I check and there isn't
one assigned by default. If I then add some disks to the system and
decide to install an LVM2 mirror I do this using the command line and
there is a UUID assigned by default. Is this also a bug in the
installer? Or is there a way I can assign a UUID to an already existing
system? In the documentation it says I would have to delete my volume
group and rebuild it to assign a UUID is this correct? If so how can a
fresh system get a UUID?

Thank you for all the help :)

Brian Wood
Intel Corporation
Digital Enterprise Group
Manageability & Platform Software Division
brian.j.wood@xxxxxxxxx