create metadata from DMRAID

Hi,

I’m going to provide a function to create isw metadata and looking for a better approach as I have two choices: add the function in dmraid or an application running on top of dmraid. The pro of the former one is that the function will be eventually included in dmraid and distributed by RedHat while a stand along utility may not be maintained well in the future. The con is the acceptance of my implementation as the current source code hasn’t set up much ground work on this function yet. I’m concerned if I can fulfill the task in a month. I’m looking forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Ying