Raid 5 s-ata controllers and RHEL5 install

Hi,

   I've been trying to install RHEL5 x86_64 on an ASUS DSBF-D/SAS
motherboard with 2 RAID5 S-ATA arrays running on the:

 Intel® 6321ESB I/O Controller Hub:
6 SATA2 300MB/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage (Windows) support RAID 0, 1, 0+1, RAID 5 (S/W).

I haven't found a diskett image for RHEL5, and even live cd's (debian
based) fail to show the arrays in /dev, although mdadm does see the
arrays.

I have 3 questions:

1.   Does anybody have any Experience getting RHEL5 installed on a RAID5
array using this kind of controller?

2. As the machine in question doesn't have a diskett drive, I will have to
re-engineer the disk 1 iso including modules for the anaconda kernel. Does
anyone know the kernel version for anaconda, and whether it is 32 or 64
bit, which gcc to use, etc.

3.  Better would be to find a proper hardware RAID controller (pci-e).
Does anyone have any recommendations for a card (preferably 8 port for 2
3-4 disk arrays) which will provide TRANSPARENT support for the installer,
or which anaconda will find natively?

Cheers

Marius