Re: [RE]Intel SATA RAID

That solution of stopping and starting dmraid on the same line was only tested for those people who had previously installed FC5 to their striped dmraid array, and were unable to get it to work with a new kernel 2.6.17 and above update. If you created your partitions manually and manually copied the data over then there might be other problems to deal with. I suggest trying to install FC5 to the array with anaconda, the fedora core installer, first.

Subject : Re: [RE]Intel SATA RAID

Date : Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:47:46 +0800

From : Hadders <ata.raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To : "ATARAID (eg, Promise Fasttrak, Highpoint 370) related discussions" <ataraid-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

James Olson wrote:

> Yes I think rc11 does have the stripe size fix and that is also the

> version that I am running here with my FC5.

> Try this command:

> dmraid -a n && dmraid -a y

> I believe that would fix the drive mapping and having both the dmraid

> deactivation and activation on one line is fast enough so it won't

> mess up your mounted volume. Then recreate your /boot/initrd-(kernel

> version here).img file with the /sbin/mkinitrd command and see if that

> works.

In runlevel 1, if I do a mkinitrd I get the error message:

device-mapper: deps ioctl failed: No such device or address

_deps: task run failed for (253:0)

Not sure what to do?

Thanks for any advice. Hadders

Lycos Cinema : Catch up with your friends and see free movies online - watch, chat & connect now >> http://cinema.lycos.com