Re: Install grub on nvdia dmraid10 ?

Thomas Backlund wrote:
> Hi,
> has anyone successfully installed grub on a nvidia dmraid10 ?
>
> I have a setup of 4 160GB disks configured through bios to do raid10,
> made the partitions under WinXP with Partition Magic and I can access
> the /dev/mapper/nvidia_* partitions just fine from a livecd as they are
> correctly identified with dmraid -ay...

afaik, grub doesn't know how to determine which dm devices map back to
BIOS devices.  You can manually set up a mapping in the grub shell:

device (hd0) /dev/mapper/blah

...though you'll want to specify the device's BIOS geometry via "dmsetup
setgeometry c h s" first.  At some point I'll patch dmraid to do this
automatically (unless someone beats me to it ;)).

Note that for an installed system you can put "(hd0) /dev/mapper/blah"
in /boot/grub/device.map.

--D