Promise 378 in RAID mode

I am having a problem with the Promise Fasttrak 378 SATA controller. I'd like to dual-boot and use the system in RAID Mode. When I install RHEL 4 WS update 3, the installer see BOTH drives even though the BIOS has RAID mode selected and the Array had been created in the Fasttrak utility.

I've tried installing on just one of the two drives (/dev/sda) and also using sda and sdb in a md0 software RAID. Regardless, the systems hangs on boot up right after the NASH entry. I suspect it can't read the drive(s) becasue the linux fasttrak drivers have no knowledge of the controller's onboard RAID settings.

Has anyone had luck with this configuration?