Misaligned raid0

I have been using dmraid for a few months now to access my two disk raid0 on my VIA SATA Raid controller. Today I noticed some IO errors beyond the end of the disk in my syslog and when I investigated, it looks to me like my raid setup is broken.

The dm table that dmraid creates for the main raid volume device looks like this:

0 144607678 striped 2 128 8:0 0 8:16 0

Now what I noticed is that 144607678 is NOT an even multiple of the stripe width of 256 sectors ( 128 sector stripe factor x 2 disks ). Shouldn't the total length of a striped mapper device allways be an even multiple of the stripe width? I think that the last fractional stripe at the end of the disk is the problem, because there aren't a full 128 sectors left on the disk to access before rolling over to the next disk in the stripe.

So does this mean that my bios created a broken stripe? And why does dmraid and the kernel device mapper accept such broken values?

Wish me luck with using resizefs.reiserfs to shrink down the volume a bit to avoid that broken tail end.