How-to for dmraid OS drive(s)?

Hello -

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step guide to putting the OS (Fedora Core 4 in my case) on a dmraid mirror? I currently have the OS on a pair of failing ATA drives and dmraid sees the new drives no problem. Specifically, I've seen references on this list and elsewhere to having to customize init scripts and (potentially) patching grub to make this work.

Ah, and if anyone can point me to a best-practice guide to migrating all the data incl. the OS from the old drives to the new, that would be good too. I'm sure I could fumble my way through it on my own, but I'd rather do it the "right" way.

Is lvm with dmraid an impossibility? My apologies if these questions have been answered already -- but I have done a lot of searching on line (through this list, google searches, etc.) with very little results.

TIA,

Steve