dmraid ATAraid at startup

I have successfully configured a raid set, but I need to know the best method for making that raid set available for mounting when fstab is mounted. The /dev/mapper/(raidsetdevice) does not stay after reboot. Do I just create a start/stop script ro run dmraid -ay in init.d and link to it in rcd.1? I can not find any documentation anywhere that discusses this. Plenty of docs concerning booting from a raid set, but I don't want to boot from it, just mount it.