high Point 154x/1640 RAID

I have a Dell server with an SATA boot drive and 2 300GB maxtor SATA drives
attached to a Rocket Raid 1640. After installing fedora core 3 I ran dmraid
and it successfully detected the mirrored disks. All attempts to activate
the disks resulted in a floating point error. I decided the next step was to
apply updates. Now I have upgraded dmraid does not seem to see the raid
array. I can see the drives in hardware browser but dmraid does not seem to
detect anything.

does dmraid support the RocketRAID 1640 ?