Re: Successfully booting on SiI3112 Raid 0 with Gentoo!

It is working for me. As I mentioned before though, I was getting the same results as you when I followed Gerte's instructions from his website. For some reason grub is not working from the gen2dmraid environment. Why it is having this problem, I am unsure.

As for which post I am referring to on the Gentoo forums, it is Gerte's. Well, I am assuming it is his. I suppose someone else may have wrote it. But he provides a link to it when gen2dmraid boots up. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-258981-highlight-gen2dmraid.html.

Chris

Molle Bestefich wrote:

Chris Nicola wrote:

Thanks Carl. I have used a grub boot disk and I got it working.

Other than that his initrd works like a charm for me, but his method of
installing grub doesn't.

Could you share with us why it's not working? Eg. are you seeing the block access outside of partition bounds problem that the patch addresses, or do you have different issues..

Also be sure to look at his post in the gentoo forums.

Not clear if you mean Carl or Gerte's posting. Provide a link, please ;-).

It also covers how to install gentoo using this program.
Somthing that those who are having
trouble installing linux on their systems will want to have.

Most definitely!