Re: New tool to activate ATARAID devices on Linux 2.6

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

All,

I'm pretty much up to speed implementing a tool "dmraid" (see design posting
to linux-raid and linux-lvm), which is capable to activate various
ATARAID sets on Linux 2.6 (eg, Promise FastTrak, Silicon Image Medley,
Highpoint 45x) using device-mapper.

I need help with these issues:

o anyone who can send me Highpoint 37x metadata copies (sector 9 on each disk),
 disk geometry and size in sectors of all drives involved ?

o anyone have reengineered LSI MegaIDE / MegaRAID sw-RAID metadata yet
 (last sector on each device) ?

Regards,
Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --

Does it have to be sector 9 of a *Linux* machine, or would secotr 9 of a windoze machine do the trick as well?
(I maintain - for my father's office - a Win2k server with a HPT RAID based mirror pack. Although I do not know the exact model, and whether it'd work, I'd be willing to give it a shot for you if you could use the Windows sector...)

--FP