Re: Promise Raid PDC20265 over Kernel 2.6.5

Oops. I'm afraid I didn't say I wanted to boot with a raid system. I mean,
I've seen the PDC20265 controller in the kernel options, but the problem I
have is that when I try to boot from the /dev/ataraid/d0 I receive a Kernel
Panic (Unable to mount VFS). I'm not booting from an "external" device, but
from de raid disk.

 I can boot correctly with Kernel 2.4.25, but not with the 2.6.5. I suppose
I could be able to use a non-raid hard disk to boot and after booting, using
the raid devices for storage, but that's not what I wanted. I want to boot
from a raid disk. (Two disks stripped). If not, it is an option I don't mark
in the kernel configuration.

Exactly, my device is:
Promise Raid Ultra-Lite 100 (integrated on a Gigabyte-GA7DXR motherboard)
with two disks in an array of 80 Gb, and with the bios upgraded to the last
version (the 10th)

I would be very thankful with any ideas (as I have been with this one: Thank
you, Samuel)