Re: FastTrak TX2000 and RHEL 3.1

Jonathan Baker-Bates wrote:
1)Go into the fasttrak bios.
  a)Delete your mirror.
  b)Create a stripped array with only a single for your first drive
  c)Create a stripped array with only a single for your second drive

Thanks Samuel,

What exactly do you mean by "Create a stripped array with only a single..."?
Do you mean "stripped" or "striped"? If the former, what's that? If the
latter, I can't see how I can put a RAID0 configuration onto just one drive,
if that's what you mean. I'm confused.

  Sorry I meant striped.

I'm using a Promise FastTrak TX2000 Lite by the way. The bios control is pretty basic.

The problem is that fasttrak doesn't have an option for jbod, or normal ide mode. For what ever reason promise does give you an option to create a normal drive in their bios menu. As odd as it sounds you can create a raid0 array with one drive. Trust me it works despite being completely wrong in so many ways. In fact I think it will let you create a mirror with one drive as well.

--
Unless you can't avoid it never put a
serial number on any of your systems!!