RedHat 9 and the Promise 20267

All of the existing documentation for setting up the
Promise FastTrack
ATA RAID controller is for RH7.3, and the stuff is
included with and ready for RH9.

However... I've tried to load the ataraid and pdcraid
modules via modprobe.
The ataraid module loads, but the pdcraid module
won't, saying that there are
no arrays.  I've already gone through and set them up
via Ctrl-F during boot.

Am I missing some configuration options?  Something
that needs to go in
/etc/modules.conf?  The system in question has the
Intel SE7500CW2 mainboard
with dual Xeon 2.4GHz processors, running the RH9
2.4.20-28.9smp kernel.
I'm obviously missing something.  "Promise 20267" is
what's shown in the /proc files.

I've also tried compiling the source from Promise
Technologies.  When I
install the module, I get a kernel panic and have to
reboot.

Thanks :)

Joseph Ogulin