Replacing a failing FastTrack TX100

Hello,

I have a FastTrack 100 TX2 that has been giving me headaches since I bought it
two years ago. Long story short, each time I move my computer I have to fiddle
with the card in its slot so it recognizes the disks.

Otherwise, everything is fine on the software side, I simply use the ataraid
driver under SuSE 8.0. I boot from the array.

However, this time, I can't get the card to pick up the disks at all, and I'm
looking for a drop-in replacement, something that would enable me to replace the
card and just boot.

It's my understanding that under Linux, with the ataraid driver, the FastTrack
is used just like a fancy IDE card: can I replace it by a cheaper Ultra100TX2?

Otherwise, a new FastTrack is about as expensive as a new motherboard with 8 IDE
ports (and my motherboard, an Asus A7M266, has plenty of other problems).

I'm also looking at the Adaptec ATARAID A1200.

Best Regards,
David Garnier