Re: RedHat & VIA SATA

Thanks Albert.

I actually stumbled upon your thread when searching for solutions. I saw that the patch you were given was added to 2.4.23pre1, which I'm going to try to use.

When using 2.4.22-ac1, did it work out-of-the-box? (and although a RH moderated list -- What is the "SID" in Debian/SID? :))

Alon.

Albert Dengg wrote:
Hi

I own the same board and from what I found out you have the following options:

The via driver disc for RH7.2(also suports the raid function):
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=297#VT8237

see this posting:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg202339.html
I was able to do this on my Debian/SID system with kernel 2.4.22-ac1 although I was not able to test it because I have not obtained the PATA/SATA konverter (I want to use it as an extra ata channel and do not have any sata discs at the moment)...it is initialized correctly though. please note the i had to do the patching by hand since the file has changed since then...I droped the controller that was on this place in the enummeration....
Note that with that solution you will have to modify your install boot disc and then see it as an ide drive...

I hope that helps

Albert Dengg

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:15:54 +0300