Promise, raid 1 fail, reconstruction problems.

Hello,
I have a raid 1 array, that has a fialed disk. I have repleaced the disk, and
duplicated it with the promise fasttrack program. But when i boot my system,
kernel 2.4.19 complains:

During boot, when the kernel is listing the arrays, it states that only one
disk is in the array, when in fact there are two. Then it says code: Bad EIP
value, and the warning fsck.ext3 for device /dev/ataraid/d1p1 exited with
signal 11. It then tells me to repair manually. Cuuld this possibly be a bad
superblock? I am quite confused, and have tried several things. I have
compiled different versions of the kernel, from 2.4.18 to 2.4.21 but i have
the same problem with all of them. I have even tried to compile them on
another machine, still no luck. Has anyone succesfully done this?

Thanks,

Paul