Re: Understanding highpoint 370 / ataraid (questions looking for answers)

On Son, 04 Mai 2003, Ian Batterbee wrote:
> - Am I supposed to use md to do the array ?

No

> - Is there some way I can still use ataraid ?

No, the hpt driver part of ataraid is not developed any more -- AFAIK!

> - If I do use ataraid, should I break the mirror in the BIOS, or should
> I leave it enabled ?

Do nothing.

> - How do I determine the state of the mirror (depends on how I created
> the mirror)

Best would be:
If you have linux only, to use md instead of ataraid or anything else,
just forget the stupid hpt softraid. The md is in fact better than
hptraid etc.

Problematic is the case when you have both windows and linux on the same
two disks and want to use the software raid drivers of hpt on windows.
No idead for this.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
BUDBY
A nipple clearly defined through flimsy or wet material.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff