RE: Promise PDC 20276, using md

So did you get _source_ for those drivers, or still the binary-only?

I have an ASUS A7V333 motherboard, has the 20276 (MBFastTrack133) chip
on board.  I was trying to install a "custom" RedHat-7.3 distro (i.e.,
our "internally supported distro", which is a stock RedHat-7.3, but with
various bits updated to latest errata, etc).

The snag I hit is that the RH-7.3 drivers on the Promise site were
specifically for the kernel that was shipped on RH-7.3 cd's, and
wouldn't work with our errata-upgraded kernel.

I was able to get things working by treating the two IDE drives "just
drives" (i.e., not using the firmware RAID at all).

Anyway, would love to hear more details, either on-list or off...