Promise 20265R

I have buy a new computer for use as a backup server for my office projects, with
a motherboard form Gigabyte 7DXR with RAID controller PDC 20265R.
I have installed RedHat 7.2 on a RAID1 configuration, and I suppose to have to see
only one disk and not two, is normal or not ?.
I have create the partition as a software raid with a partition over the two disks and
have installed the LILO as a boot loader. When I try to boot from disk the system after
a promise controller found hang and don't boot. If I boot from floppy-disk the system is
ok and i can use it. I have try also to install the driver from promise, but nothing is changed.
Is normal ? My MB have some problem ? Can I use a controller integrated in a MB or I must
buy a separated card ? If yes witch  card or MB have a good supported RAID1 on ATA for Linux ?

Thankx
Lamberto