Re: Serviceable RAID-1?

I don't know what this Gentoo stuff is, but I have the same chip, though on a PCI-card and I wish to run this in RAID1 too... I've built a standard kernel with Promise IDE support in it and with IDE RAID support for the Fasttrack and, on the correct motherboard, it seems to work with RAID1... ...and it reports the 0.03BETA too... ...so are you sure it isn't in the standard kernel yet???

Arjan

James Morle wrote:

Thilo,
I tried it. Amazing! So who owns this driver? I noticed it is called 0.03BETA - it doesn't
instill a great deal of confidence in me, I must admit... Though I like the Gentoo stuff, and will probably install it on my
workstation, I would prefer to migrate this server slowly through the
RedHat cycle, until time to do a major rehack. Where do I get this
driver for RedHat or generic kernels?
Many thanks

James

--