Re: Serviceable RAID-1?

On Tuesday, 12. March 2002 01:13, you wrote:
> Hi Thilo,
>
> Are you saying that your ataraid driver supports RAID-1?!

yes - try the gentoo bootcd!
load the ataraid driver: # modprobe ataraid
load the pdcraid driver: # modprobe pdcraid

i have two IBM  60 GB each running master on the primary and secondary
promise controller - setup to do raid 1.

afterloading the drivers you can access the raid array from
/dev/ataraid/disc0/disc

NB.:gentoo is running devfsd

# fdisk /dev/ataraid/disc0/disc
to make partitions which the would be at

/dev/ataraid/disc0/partx

where x is a number