Correct way to install Promise support in RedHat Linux 7.2 ?

Hi there,

Anyone can share the correct way to install Promise support in RedHat linux
7.2 ?

So far, I tried following method but it is not successful.

Use the boot.img from RedHat 7.2.
Place the new kernel (2.4.17) with static Promise IDE/Fasttrak Support onto
the boot disk
Boot the new boot disk.

The boot disk can detect the PDC but the Redhat installer insist that it
can't find my IDE CDROM.
(Even I am sure that IDE CDROM support is added in the new kernel)

It always complain that /dev/loop1 is not present in the root disk. (this
error message still dispaly even I copy existing system /dev/loop1 to the
compress root image on the floppy)

I find another solution from this newgroup archive. I want to make sure that
it work before going on.

1) Use a spare drive to install RedHat Linux 7.2 on it. (Let say /dev/hda)
2) Download latest kernel (2.4.17) and build it  with Promise Support.
3) Reboot and create new filesystems for /dev/ataraid/d0p1.
4) Copy all contents from /dev/hda to new /dev/ataraid/d0p1.
5) Create a new initrd disk with pdcraid module embedded
6) Use following grub.conf  to boot from RAID device.

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.17)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.17 ro root=/dev/ataraid/d0p1
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.17.img

I did not want to use patched lilo. Is GRUB directly support boot from
ataraid device ?

Is it correct ? Please offer me some help.

Regards,
Edward.