Re: Promise Cards

> 1) Is there a FAQ?

Not that I've seen.

> 2) I'm looking at a Promise 100 RAID controller, is there any
> difference in support for the 100 and the 100TX2 series of
> cards?  I like the 66 MHz FSB capacity of the card, and might
> future proof me a little.

My TX2 works fine on ataraid.

> 3) Does anyone know if the 100TX2 can be hacked into the RAID
> version like the "normal" 66 and 100 cards can?

Absolutely not. There is no way to mod the card into a Fasttrak, aside from
diddling the mobo BIOS, which is only a temporary fix.

In other notes, though, this looks promising (no pun!) as way to get a BIOS
back onto a Fasttrak that got wiped (many ways it can happen, all due to
negligence in card handling). Promise's flasher checks for a valid BIOS
running before it'll flash, and I'm hoping that putting the BIOS in the
motherboard's BIOS will work.

Enough OT!

> TIA,
>
> Ed