Re: HPT370

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:03:27
"Jerome B." <iutman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for 2 or 3 kernel versions, there have been a support for the HPT370
Raid
> controller. Unfortunately, I found out that only RAID 0 was supported at
the
> moment, wheras I was ready to migrate my server from a single disk to a
RAID
> 1 solution (with kernel 2.4.15 and a Mandrake 8.0 Distribution).

The ataraid driver in recent stock kernels is not working;  I had to
patch my kernel with the latest driver. It's also easier to compile the
driver in the kernel instead of using it as a module since it requires
to make a new initrd image.

For raid 1, you can always use software raid. IMHO, the only advantage
of using the ataraid driver is for a double boot system (Windows+Linux).

--
Marc