Re: Any hope for RH 7.2 and pcdraid?

RH 7.2 installs without a hitch for me on our motherboards (which are Gigabyte server boards that use the Fasttrak 100 Lite controller). But we don't use the pdcraid stuff. Just using them as straight UDMA100 controllers.

Conrad Akier wrote:

Has anyone successfully installed red hat 7.2 on a Promise Fasttrak
using raid 0?  I bought 7.2 thinking that red hat would include the
ataraid drivers since they had Arjan work on them, but that doesn't
appear to be the case.

Is it possible to have 7.2 use my fasttrak as if it were a promise
ultra100 card (no arrays setup)?  If thats possible, I will just setup
software raid and get a separate hard drive for windows.  If not, I'll
order myself an ultra100 card and ditch the fasttrak entirely.

Thanks

--
Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.swelltech.com