Re: RH7.2 + FastTrak-100: init_module: No such device

  Forge> OK, I'm sure you have a reason, but why not just pick up a well-
  Forge> supported Ultra66/Ultra100/Ultra100TX2 and kick the whole RAID
  Forge> headache to the curb? I saw a while back you're running a single disk
  Forge> span set? That's no RAID! Why bother?

Shifting fortunes. What was planned as a 120GB 4-disk RAID 0+1 array ended
up being a 60GB 1-disk pointless thing when I could no longer afford the
drives. Basically I'm stuck trying to keep something working which seemed like
"a great idea at the time"(tm). Promise's proprietary driver was getting good
press back then, and to be honest it's the most stable RAID implementation I've
ever seen (having spent much of my life in the software-raid world it was a
refreshing change).

I really look forward to giving ataraid a spin - perhaps I can afford a couple
more drives now to setup a mirror on the other channel ;-)

-d