Re: Multiple PDC20268 based sw/hw raid really working with linux?

On Thursday, 25. October 2001 22:03, Warren Togami wrote:
> [...]

At least the basic PDC202xx silicon is supported in the latest kernels. But
I tend to believe, my problems are chipset/pci incompatibilities.

> Have you thought about 3Ware Escalade IDE RAID controllers?  They work very
> well with mature, open source Linux drivers.  A real hardware based
> solution I believe.  Unfortunately they are leaving the market by the end
> of this year, but they are still available in some retail channels.  I'm
> ordering a few of them from here this week to get around the Promise
> FastTrak limitations in Linux...
> http://www.hypermicro.com/store/index.htm

Are you going to run raid 5 on them, or some software raid?

Thought about it, but I need fast and stable hw which is available next year
too. Lack of documentation on their web site and a few reported occurences of
silent corruption with this cards (firmware related) doesn't appeal me as
well.

Well, it's a mess, currently. I'm curious about my TX4 tests tomorrow.
If they fail, I will go and rethink that scsi thing again...

Read U
Hans-Peter