RE: Hacked Ultra100

The reason yours works and mine doesn't is the difference between the card
and the onboard controller.  Mine is a chip on the motherboard, whereas
yours is a PCI card.  I don't know the technical details, but all of the
sites say that for the card you don't have to modify the drivers, but for
the onboard chip, you do.  The onboard chip is different from the card, as
shown by the fact that for a while there were no fasttrak onboard drivers,
only drivers for the pci cards.  But thanks for the tip.  If I can't do
this any other way, I might just buy the promise card.
-Eric Hattemer