Re: No raid array found

Hi Ruediger,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Ruediger Biernat wrote:

> > > Ehhhh the driver currently only does raid-0  ....
> > Eeeeeekkkkkkkkk!
> That is exactly what I said as I realized that my brand
> new TX2/100 is useless (slow) for my debian system without
> driver support from Promise.
Exactly. Problem is, Customer just got 5 of these shiny new 1U rack
servers which are ohh so cool because they got RAID and everything...
Exactly the right thing for their e-whatever-solution we are programming
for them...

When I saw that these things were not SCSI as promised but IDE I thought
"WTF?".

After I saw the IDE chipset it was "sheeeeshhh".  Because unfortunately
I've got the Fastrak (thank $DEITY with 20267 chipset - less bugs) at home
and was already "well aware" of their shortcomings...

Now, after I heard the ataraid (Help me Arjan Van de Ven, you are my only
chance - Guess the movie!) driver does only raid-0 it was
"Eeeeeekkkkkkkkk!"

Anyway, we just told the customer, result: "What?"

> Next time it's a hardware raid so noone will see how this
> "disk" is configured.
It's either that or waiting till ataraid supports mirroring... :-/

bye,
 andreas