Asterisk as an ISUP mangler

Hi
I have an idea for using asterisk just for ISUP signalling processing without media pass into Asterisk.
The signal processing is simple: check A_number/B_number with a database if matched add some prefix
to B_number in ISUP message(IAM).
Important point: CIC channels do not come to Asterisk they go directly from origin to destination,
Asterisk sits serially in signalling path and simulates signaling point codes , and terminate and originates ISUP messages "WITH SAME CIC".
what is your opinion?
Asterisk needs to think DAHDI CIC channels connect to it,I could use loopback E1 cards but it limit signal processing capacity, is there a way to cheat Asterisk so it thinks more DAHDI CIC channels connected to it?
 loopback TDMoE channels could do this ?

Regards

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]