Asterisk - LibSS7 - Redundency or Failover configuration.

Dear all,

I'm experimenting with libss7 and asterisk to do a fail-over configuration. I've 2 Asterisk Boxes, connected back-to-back with 4 E1s.

2 E1s are configured as linkset - 1 with 2 links in it. Other 2E1s are configured as linkset - 2 with 2 links in it. Both linkset has different OPC and DPC. Please see the below for the configuration.

Asterisk - A:

group=1
context=from-internal
signalling=ss7            ;this is ss7 signalling
ss7type=itu              ;using the ITU variant
ss7_called_nai=dynamic            ;NAI for outgoing calls
ss7_calling_nai=dynamic           ;NAI for incoming calls
ss7_internationalprefix=00 ;internation prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_nationalprefix=0           ;national prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_subscriberprefix=           ;subscriber prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_unknownprefix=               ;unknown prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_explictacm=yes             ;ACM is send as soon as call enters the dialplan...may not accepted yet though

linkset=1             ;arbitary name for this set of channels
pointcode=1               ;the point code for this system...aka SPC
adjpointcode=2               ;the point code for the system that we are signalling to... aka APC
defaultdpc=2               ;the point code for the system that the CICs will be negoiated with...aka DPC
networkindicator=international ;NI value for MTP3
cicbeginswith=1              ;the starting value of the CICs
channel=>1-15
cicbeginswith=17
channel=>17-31
cicbeginswith=32
channel =>32-46
cicbeginswith=48
channel=>48-62
slc=0
sigchan=16
slc=1
sigchan=47               ;the signalling channel

linkset=2             ;arbitary name for this set of channels
pointcode=3               ;the point code for this system...aka SPC
adjpointcode=4               ;the point code for the system that we are signalling to... aka APC
defaultdpc=4               ;the point code for the system that the CICs will be negoiated with...aka DPC
networkindicator=international ;NI value for MTP3
cicbeginswith=63              ;the starting value of the CICs
channel =>63-77
cicbeginswith=79
channel =>79-93
cicbeginswith=94
channel =>94-108
cicbeginswith=110
channel=>110-124
slc=0
sigchan=78
slc=1
sigchan=109              ;the signalling channel

Asterisk - B

group=1
context=from-internal
signalling=ss7            ;this is ss7 signalling
ss7type=itu              ;using the ITU variant
ss7_called_nai=dynamic            ;NAI for outgoing calls
ss7_calling_nai=dynamic           ;NAI for incoming calls
ss7_internationalprefix=00 ;internation prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_nationalprefix=0           ;national prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_subscriberprefix=           ;subscriber prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_unknownprefix=               ;unknown prefix value for incoming calls
ss7_explictacm=yes             ;ACM is send as soon as call enters the dialplan...may not accepted yet though

linkset=1             ;arbitary name for this set of channels
pointcode=2                ;the point code for this system...aka SPC
adjpointcode=1               ;the point code for the system that we are signalling to... aka APC
defaultdpc=1               ;the point code for the system that the CICs will be negoiated with...aka DPC
networkindicator=international ;NI value for MTP3
cicbeginswith=1              ;the starting value of the CICs
channel=>1-15
cicbeginswith=17             ;the starting value of the CICs
channel=>17-31
cicbeginswith=32
channel=>32-46
cicbeginswith=48
channel=>48-62
slc=0
sigchan=16
slc=1
sigchan=47              ;the signalling channel

linkset=2             ;arbitary name for this set of channels
pointcode=4               ;the point code for this system...aka SPC
adjpointcode=3               ;the point code for the system that we are signalling to... aka APC
defaultdpc=3               ;the point code for the system that the CICs will be negoiated with...aka DPC
networkindicator=international ;NI value for MTP3
cicbeginswith=63              ;the starting value of the CICs
channel =>63-77
cicbeginswith=79
channel=>79-93
cicbeginswith=94
channel=>94-108
cicbeginswith=110
channel=>110-124
slc=0
sigchan=78
slc=1
sigchan=109

When everything is normal and I make a call, the call go through via the linkset 1. Then I removed the Physical cable of 1st and 2nd E1, now the call goes via linkset 2. So I assume that it works as expected. My doubt is I've read post in this mailing-list saying Libss7 cannot support multiple point code or you need special configurations with multiple asterisk running etc... But it looks like it has worked for me, or am I missing something ??? Please en-light...

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]