TDMoE + DACS + libss7

I have two Asterisk servers, one with 4x E1 (server A) and another with
16x E1 (server B), both running Asterisk 10.12.2, DAHDI 2.6.2 and
libss7-1.0.2.

I have recently set up TDMoE between the two servers and DACS to map
four of the physical E1's on server B to virtual E1's on server A. Two
of the four physical E1's on server A are running signalling links and
the remaining two physical E1's and four virtual E1's are running only
voice circuits.

This appears to be working 100%.

I have not yet tried running a SS7 signalling channel over the
TDMoE+DACS E1's... In theory it should work (the voice circuits work
just fine).

Has anyone done anything similar, perhaps on a larger scale?

My thinking is to use this to try and 'cluster' libss7. I realise that
it isn't a true clustering solution (if the master server fails, the
entire solution fails), however, my hope is to reliably run 16x physical
E1's on four different slave servers and map these (via TDMoE and DACS)
to 64 virtual E1's on a master server that then does signalling and
should, hopefully, be able to handle the lower interrupt demands of the
TDMoE spans.

The one issue I am encountering so far, however, is that the hardware
echo cancellation isn't being used on the physical E1's with DACS
mapping to TDMoE E1's. I don't really want to be doing software echo
cancellation for 64x E1's...

In the test setup I have not installed hardware transcoding boards,
however, this would probably be necessary at that scale. At least that
is possible. Hardware echo cancellation doesn't seem to be possible for
a channel received on TDMoE.

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]