KNK SS7-27 - first experiences - part 1

Hi all,
sorry for joining so late, but i am on holidays (by the end of the week)
and rarely checking my mailbox. Thanks to bad weather i did that today
:)

To the OP:
while reading the first posts i thought it is an old problem with
REL/RSC loop (persistent on start with ANSI signaling) which was fixed
in libss7 instead of sig_ss7, but not sure if it is a similar yet
different one or it is the same issue. It really is a (remaining)
problem if we receive RLC on previous REL, but after we have sent RSC. I
was thinking to clear the old status bits after we receive RLC, but this
will not fix the double RLC received problem and we can't ignore the
first one (or just clear the SENT_REL flag), because we may never get a
second one, so it should probably be better to ignore sending second RSC
inside isup_handle_unexpected() if the previous one was sent T17 (timer
seconds) ago. Because the timer is stopped on RLC it should be another
timer or some flag to ignore it's expiration and not reset again ...
will work on this next week when i am back.

The code in my branch is actually Domjan Attila's version (the patches
attached to the SS7-27 issue) ported to later Asterisk versions with
very few additions/modifications, so the muffins are for him, while the
bugs are from me :)

P.S.
apologies for top posting - the connection is unstable and i had to
write the post offline and just copy/paste it