Didum Octal span card

I have had ongoing problems with the VPMOCT256 modules on these cards
that Digium has not been able to resolve as yet. This has occurred in
multiple sites using a number of different cards, so it's definitely not
a case of just one faulty unit. The VPMOCT256 will intermittently cause
dead-silence in one direction of the audio path.

My suggestion is the either use 2x quad-port cards (with a timing cable
if need be), or, get the TE820F (i.e. the octal span without hardware
echo cancellation), or, if you do use the TE820BF, disable the hardware
echo cancellation by adding the following to /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf:
options wct4xxp vpmdtmfsupport=0 vpmsupport=0

Note that the octal span card itself (TE820F) works absolutely fine with
libss7, even under high volume. I use these both paired (for 16 E1 spans
per server) or coupled with TE420's (for 12 E1 spans per server).

The only issue is the VPM module.