ss7 failover switch

Hi Vallimamod,

I use the Failover Switch from beroNet.
See http://www.beronet.com/product/failover-switch/

Not for SS7, but for a few ISDN-2 lines, however the situation is the same.

For SS7 we have 2 servers with 2 different pointcodes.
The telecom company sends traffic 50/50 balances to both pointcodes.
When one server is not available, the telecom company automatically
sends everything to the still working server.

But in that case, you would need 8 E1 links (4 for each server, so you
don't loose capacity when one server is unavailable).
And a cooperating telecom provider :)

With kind regards,
Robert Verspuy

--